Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stardate:        91322.46


Sol III Date:    09/19/2013/16:13


Life - the next day.

As I hoped, city council’s behaviour proved an excellent distracting activity and permitted my brain to slow down and stop turning remote possibilities into ‘going to happen’ disasters. When my brain slowed down and I found myself nodding off over the keyboard I went straight to bed and sleep.

I got up and headed out ready to deal, but the $500 was there as per arrangement.
 We stopped at B & W at Whatcom Road to get the paperwork done and with papers and plates in hand headed off to Chilliwack to pick up the car.

Washed off the windows so I could see to drive, inflated the flat tire (the car tires are new), jump started the car, put on the plates and headed back to Abbotsford.

It was a stick shift but as I told my friend I am fine with that as it saves gas, helps me avoid speeding and I prefer a stick shift.

The Cougar always felt like I was driving a tank, manoeuvring a huge contain ship, so driving had become more of chore than a pleasure or just plain fun. The ZX2 puts fun back in getting from point A to point B
.
We get back to Abbotsford and check to make sure the batter recharged enough to start the vehicle.

Nothing. Jumped it, disconnected the battery and the car kept running so the alternator was working. It looks like it needs a new battery.......and what other problems my mind says.
Turn out (hopefully) it was the Universe  exercising it’s sense of humour on me.

My friend Ken was there when we stopped and said use this, an instrument that you can use to check the alternator and battery. As we were checking out the alternator we found that depending on where you touched it to the battery the alternator was barely working, working OK or pumping out lots of juice.

So we set off to Canadian Tire to replace the battery connection and lacking tools headed down to my friend toms place and his amazing sets of tools.

Going to leave we took advantage of the slight slope of the driveway to get the car rolling and pop the clutch – started like a charm.

So I took it for a run on the highway on my way home and this morning (Thursday) nada.
Pulled the battery out of the Cougar, put it on the floor on the passenger side as my jumper cables will reach from there to the car battery. It starts and runs beautifully.

I have promised to have the Cougar off the lawn tomorrow (Friday) so I will have to find someone to give me a ride back from Captain Crunch as I have to bring the battery back to start the zx2.

Or find someone who picks up the vehicle. Hmmm.

The gentleman who sold me the car is determined to get the battery straightened out and worrying about whether the alternator should be changed as well.

Leaving me working on being Zen about, a minor irritation that will be dealt with. Ommmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment